- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 April 2015 12:52
The Westchester County Airport Advisory Board is authorized by the County Charter to:
- Hold meetings of its members at such time and place as the members of the board shall determine.
- Meet with the airport manager of the county airport or such other appropriate representative of the firm which manages the county airport at such time and place as the members of the board shall determine.
- Report to the county government, from time to time, on all matters related to the county airport.
- Meet with any parties and agencies, public and private, interested in the county airport and make recommendations to the county government based on its findings.
Members of the Board
The Westchester County Airport Advisory Board comprises eleven members who serve staggered three-year terms. This includes eight members who shall be residents of the county to be appointed by the County Executive subject to confirmation by the County Board.
Five of these members shall also be residents of the areas which are proximate to the Westchester County Airport: one each from the Town of North Castle, the Town of Rye, the Town of Harrison, the Town of Mount Pleasant and the Town of New Castle.
One member shall be a member of the County Board to be appointed by the Chairman of the County Board.
The remaining members are ex-officio members. The members of the Westchester County Advisory Board shall, at the first meeting of the year or when a vacancy exists, elect a Chairperson.
|Current Board Members|
|Donald H. Heithaus, Chairperson|
|Salvatore M. Cresenzi, Vice Chairperson|
|Richard W. Conrad|
|Honorable David Gelfarb, Board of Legislators - District 6|
|Mark A. Rubeo, Jr., Esq.|
|Jay T. Pisco, Commissioner, Department of Public Works & Transportation|
|Edward Buroughs, Commissioner, Department of Planning|
|Patricia Chemka Speranza, Deputy Commissioner, Department of Public Works & Transportation|